Am I on track with my finances?[one-half-first]
Am I on track? This question is often asked or thought about as we progress through our working careers. Download our checklist to shed some light on how you can answer this question. Are you checking the right boxes?
- Take inventory of assets and liabilities
- Develop net worth statement
- Maintain a budget, manage cash flows
- Review emergency savings
- Develop plan to manage debt
- Review future goals and develop a plan
- Review insurance coverage
- Complet proper estate planning
Remember to check your credit report annually
Under federal law, a consumer is entitled to one free credit report every 12 months from each of the three major credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian, and Transunion. Under Federal Trade Commission (FTC) rules, these credit bureaus must provide a central access point where a consumer may request a copy of his or her credit report @ www.annualcreditreport.com. It is advisable to do this on an annual basis to ensure that your credit record remains accurate and for awareness against identity theft.