Conrad Siegel was established in 1963 upon the principles of fee-for-service work with no hidden costs, solid and objective advice, and transparency throughout – not because it’s required, but because it’s the right thing to do. Our firm has expertise in creating custom retirement plans, providing investment consulting, developing competitive health plans, administering 401(k) plans, and providing actuarial services. We work with corporations, non-profits, government and municipal agencies, schools, and individuals. Our employees are our most valuable asset and today, Conrad Siegel employs over 100 professionals aligned with the very same values on which the company was founded.
The qualified candidate is a motivated, self-starter who displays a history of strong academic performance allowing them to complete all job responsibilities independently and with merit. Actuarial Analysts report to multiple consultants and are expected to develop expertise within their discipline (i.e. municipal plans, corporate pensions, post-retirement medical plans, and health and welfare plans). The individual we seek will work closely with consultants to meet the many challenges offered by a diverse client base. Major challenges will include: pension calculations and estimates, funding valuations, accounting valuations, government filings, claims analysis, and rate projections.
- Complete valuation of defined benefit plans, health and welfare plans, and post-retirement medical plans accurately and on a timely basis
- Prepare benefit calculations, government filings and other necessary paperwork accurately and on a timely basis
- Maintain excellent client relationships by promptly responding to client’s day-to-day requests
- Demonstrate superior customer service when addressing participant questions
- Process census and claims data
- Reconcile assets
- Complete special projects as assigned in an accurate and timely manner
- Pass actuarial exams and attain ASA within 4 to 5 years
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or related field of study
- Completion of at least one actuarial exam
- Ability to perform detailed mathematical operations
- Ability to provide and review detailed documentation to a superior level of accuracy
- Ability to see assignments through to completion with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Excel
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee must be able to sit for several hours at a time. The employee is regularly required to operate a computer and telephone. Work environment includes an indoor office with uniform temperatures.
Work Hours & Expectations
This position is full-time exempt and requires an average of 37.5 hours per week. Based on Line of Business, the position is either hybrid or fully remote.
Conrad Siegel offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with education and experience. We recognize the value of a work-life balance and provide a liberal flex-time policy, comprehensive benefits package, and retirement plan. Conrad Siegel’s exam program provides payment of exam fees and study materials, company-paid study time and automatic pay increases as a result of passing.
Interested candidates should send resume with salary requirements in confidence to:
Human Resources Manager
PO Box 5900
Harrisburg, PA 17110-0900
Conrad Siegel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job description is subject to change at any time.