Conrad Siegel was established in 1963 upon the principles of fee-for-service work with no hidden costs, solid and objective advice, and transparency throughout – not because it’s required, but because it’s the right thing to do. Our firm has expertise in creating custom retirement plans, providing investment consulting, developing competitive health plans, administering 401(k) plans, and providing actuarial services. We work with corporations, non-profits, government and municipal agencies, schools, and individuals. Our employees are our most valuable asset and today, Conrad Siegel employs over 100 professionals aligned with the very same values on which the company was founded.
At Conrad Siegel, the qualified candidate is a motivated, self-starter who has attained valuable industry experience allowing them to complete all job responsibilities independently and with merit. The Consulting Actuary reports to the Actuarial Line of Business Committee Chair and is expected to develop expertise within their discipline of municipal or corporate pension plans. The Consulting Actuary is supported by multiple Actuarial Analysts.
- Review valuations of defined benefit plans
- Review benefit calculations, government filings and other necessary paperwork
- Assist attorneys with complex pension and retirement benefit issues in divorce cases
- Maintain excellent client relationships by promptly responding to client requests
- Attend and present at client meetings
- Demonstrate superior customer service when addressing participant questions
- Provide guidance and expertise to Actuarial Analysts
- Complete special projects as assigned in an accurate and timely manner
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee must be able to sit for several hours at a time. The employee is regularly required to operate a computer and telephone. Work environment includes an indoor office with uniform temperatures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or related field of study
- Attainment of EA, ASA, or FSA designation
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the actuarial field
- Experience with corporate or municipal defined benefit plans
- Ability to provide and review detailed documentation and mathematical operations to a superior level of accuracy
- Ability to see assignments through to completion independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
This position is full-time exempt and requires an average of 40 hours per week. Conrad Siegel offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with education and experience. We recognize the value of a work-life balance and provide a liberal flex-time policy, comprehensive benefits package, and retirement plan.