Conrad Siegel was established in 1963 upon the principles of fee-for service work with no hidden costs, solid and objective advice, and transparency throughout – not because it’s required, but because it’s the right thing to do. Our firm has expertise in creating custom retirement plans, providing investment consulting, developing competitive health plans, administering 401(k) plans, and providing actuarial services. We work with corporations, non-profits, government and municipal agencies, schools, and individuals. Our employees are our most valuable asset and today, Conrad Siegel employs over 100 professionals aligned with the very same values on which the company was founded.
At Conrad Siegel, the qualified candidate is a motivated, self-starter who displays a history of strong academic performance allowing them to complete all job responsibilities independently and with merit. The Actuarial Intern reports to an Actuarial Analyst and will develop knowledge within their assigned discipline (i.e. municipal plans, corporate pensions, post-retirement medical plans, and health and welfare plans). Actuarial Interns will contribute to the following tasks, of which an Actuarial Analyst is responsible: pension calculations and estimates, funding valuations, accounting valuations, government filings, claims analysis, and rate projections.
- Assist in the valuation of defined benefit plans, health and welfare plans, and post-retirement medical plans
- Complete benefit calculations, government filings, and other necessary paperwork accurately and on a timely basis
- Process census and claims data
- Reconcile assets
- Participate in meetings and informational sessions to gain a greater understanding of the industry and company
- Complete special projects as assigned in an accurate and timely manner
- Junior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related field of study
- Successful completion of at least one Society of Actuaries (SOA) exam
- Minimum GPA of 3.30
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to provide and review detailed documentation to a superior level of accuracy
- Ability to see assignments through to completion with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform detailed mathematical operations
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee must be able to sit for several hours at a time. The employee is regularly required to operate a computer and telephone. Work environment includes an indoor office with uniform temperatures.
Work Hours & Expectations
The internship program is 12 weeks in length and requires an average of 37.5 hours per week. The internship takes place mid-May to mid August with flexible start and end dates. This position is hybrid, in office expectations and work from home flexibility.
Conrad Siegel offers a competitive salary and a liberal flex-time policy in support of a positive work-life balance.
Interested candidates should send resume with salary requirements in confidence to:
Emily K. Egolf
PO Box 5900
Harrisburg, PA 17110-0900
Conrad Siegel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job description is subject to change at any time.